Many young to middle-aged people feel that they may need a facelift but they’re not ready to undergo a surgical procedure or commit to the associated downtime. Others may have existing medical conditions that make them a poor candidate for surgery. For these patients, a non-surgical or “liquid” facelift may be a good option.
LEASE NOTE: Dr. Jonathan Lee’s Philosophy Is To Keep People Guessing. Your Friends May Comment That You Look More Youthful And Rested But They Should Never Know Why.
A liquid facelift, also referred to as Soft Lift™ is a non-surgical procedure with minimal to no downtime that can be used to address early signs of aging or improve facial volume loss and wrinkles in patients that cannot undergo surgery. It involves using a combination of dermal fillers and neuromodulators (BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport®) to achieve a comprehensive rejuvenation of the face and the results are immediate.
– Improvement of forehead creases and volume loss above the eyebrow
– Improves hollowed-out temples
– Slightly elevates the eyebrow position
– Restores volume to hollowed-out upper eyelids
– Improves lower eyelid bags by softening deep creases and grooves
– Reduces Crow’s feet lines around the eyes
– Restores volume loss to the cheeks, giving a more youthful contour
– Improves deep folds around the nose (nasolabial folds)
– Improves lip volume and shape in thinned out lips
– Can improve fine lines around upper lip border
– Improves the downturned corners of the mouth
– Decreases any chin dimpling
– Improves mild jowling
– Improves the lines coming down from the mouth corners (marionette lines)
– Provides a straighter and more youthful jawline
Before the Procedure
During your initial consultation, Dr. Lee will perform a thorough evaluation of your face. He will determine if you are a good candidate for a liquid facelift and make a recommendation tailored to your specific goals. This may include recommendations of other possible combined treatments which can further enhance your result. Pre-treatment photos will be taken and any potential risks and complications will also be discussed.
Dr. lee always encourages his patients to bring in photos of how they looked when they were younger. This often helps in the discussion and visualization of the target goals.
- Depending on how many areas are being treated, the procedure will typically last between 30 to 45 minutes.
- A facial numbing cream is applied and injections are performed with very fine needles or cannulas (fine tubes). All fillers also contain the freezing agent lidocaine, minimizing any discomfort during the procedure.
Dr. Jonathan Lee (MD, FRCSC) is an experienced, Canadian and New York fellowship-trained Plastic Surgeon based in Calgary. Well-established, he is board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and specializes in both cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
Patients can usually return to their normal daily activities immediately after treatment. Swelling and mild bruising may occasionally occur but usually resolves within a week. Patients are advised to avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamin E and herbal supplements for at least two weeks before and after a liquid facelift to minimize the risk of bruising.
The longevity of the Liquid Facelift result depends on the type of fillers used. On average, most hyaluronic acid-based fillers will last about one year. BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®, used for fine lines and crow’s feet, will usually last about 4 months.
Maintaining your result should involve a healthy lifestyle and skin care regimen in addition to smaller touch-up procedures with facial fillers and BOTOX®/Dysport® injections several times per year.