Beauty, health, and youth are often associated with full and plump lips.
Often performed with dermal filler injections, lip augmentation achieves more body, fullness, and balance to the lips, making them appear more attractive.
Dr. Jonathan Lee’s goal is to provide just enough of augmentation to keep people guessing – results should be both natural looking and feeling.
Duck lips are certainly out of the question.
When to consider Lip Enhancement?
- You have thin lips that may disappear when you smile
- Your lips have thinned out with age
- Your thin lips make you feel self conscious
- You desire fuller lips to help balance out your face
Lip Injections Calgary
What are the advantages?
- Natural looking, soft and full lips achieved with little to no downtime
- A more defined Cupid’s Bow can be created at the peak of the lip
- It is a safe treatment option that is entirely reversible if needed
- Vertical lip lines can be softened
- The corners of the mouth can be lifted up from a drooped and sad posture
- Marionette lines coming down from the corners of the lip can be improved by minimizing hollows and shadows
Before the Procedure
During your initial consultation, Dr. Lee will perform a thorough evaluation of your lips and facial balance.
He will determine if you are a good candidate for lip enhancement and make a recommendation tailored to your specific concerns.
Pre-treatment photos will be taken and any potential risks and complications will also be discussed.
Dr. Lee always encourages his patients to bring in photos of lips that they find attractive.
This often helps in the discussion and visualization of the target goals.
Rarely do patients experience any excessive swelling or bruising following lip injections.
However, two weeks prior to treatment, you are advised to avoid taking drugs that can increase bruising and swelling. These include: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Vitamin E, and herbal supplements such as Gingko, Ginseng and Cold-FX®.
If you have a history of cold sores, please let us know. Prior to your treatment, Dr. Lee will prescribe you a medication that lowers the risk of the cold sore virus being triggered by injections.
Dr. Lee recommends that filler treatment be performed at least 10 days prior to any major function or media event due to the slight risk of bruising and swelling.
- Numbing cream is usually applied to your lips prior to treatment in order to ensure added comfort.
- Lip injections are performed by using an ultra-fine needle or cannula to inject a hyaluronic acid biodegradable filler.
- Dr. Lee will select the most appropriate filler for your particular lip shape and features as well as your desired results.
- Lip fillers offered by Dr. Lee include Emervel®, Juvederm ®, Teosyal ®, and Belotero ®. All fillers also contain the freezing agent lidocaine, minimizing any discomfort during the procedure.
- The filler is placed in key areas of your lip to enhance volume and create a beautiful and natural looking result.
- Everyone’s lips are treated differently as no two lips are alike. For this reason, the experience of the injector is critical to achieve the best results.
The procedure usually takes less than 20 minutes and an ice pack is applied to the lips for 10 minutes afterwards in order to minimize bruising and swelling.
Patients usually return to their normal daily activities immediately after treatment.
Detailed written aftercare instructions will be provided.
How long do the results last?
The longevity of the result depends on the type of filler used.
On average, most hyaluronic acid-based fillers in the lip will last about 6 to 9 months.
Maintaining your result should involve a healthy lifestyle and skin care regimen in addition to smaller touch-up procedures with facial fillers several times per year as needed.
Why Dr. Lee?
Dr. Lee is a highly experienced, Royal College-certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience providing injectable treatments.
He has a strong passion for the use of facial fillers and he is frequently invited both locally and nationally to instruct nurses, physicians, and other specialists on advanced injection techniques.