A Brazilian Butt Lift can provide a more youthful appearance by improving the contour, shape, and volume with fat transfer.
This specialized fat transfer procedure augments the size and shape of the buttocks without implants. Excess fat is removed from the hips, abdomen, lower back, or thighs with liposuction, and a portion of this fat is then strategically injected into the buttocks.
A Brazilian Butt Lift does not address loose skin on the buttocks, and other procedures are better suited for this specific concern.
Good candidates for Brazilian Butt Lift surgery have:
- You have good skin tone in the hips and buttocks
- You have adequate fat stores in other areas to harvest for injection into the buttocks
- You are willing and able to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for several weeks
Optimal results can be seen six months post-surgery, after residual swelling has subsided and you are fully healed.
Brazilian Butt Lift Calgary
Before the Surgery
- During your initial consultation, Dr. Jonathan Lee—our board-certified plastic surgeon in Calgary — will discuss your desired results and perform a thorough evaluation of your buttocks and body shape, size, and proportions. He will determine if you are a good candidate for a BBL and make a recommendation tailored to your specific goals.
- Dr. Lee may also recommend combining your butt lift with other body contour-enhancing options. Pre-treatment photos will be taken and any potential risks and complications will also be discussed.
- Dr. Lee always encourages his patients to bring in photos of body shapes and sizes that they find attractive. This often helps in the discussion and visualization of the target goals.
Dr. Jonathan Lee (MD, FRCSC) is an experienced, Canadian and New York fellowship-trained Plastic Surgeon based in Calgary. Well-established, he is board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and specializes in both cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
How Is The Surgery Performed?
- The procedure is performed under a general anesthetic and takes between 1 to 2 hours to complete.
- Liposuction is used to remove fat from the hips, lower back, thighs, abdomen.
- The fat is then purified and re-injected into the buttocks.
- A supportive compression garment is applied
After The Surgery
Most patients are able to return home two hours following the surgery.
Patients undergoing this surgery should be prepared to keep all weight off their buttocks during the first 2 weeks after surgery. Standing or lying on your belly is ok, but sitting should be avoided during this period.
Most patients will experience some pain along the buttock area but this usually settles within several weeks.
Dr. Lee will prescribe you a pain reliever to ensure your comfort. Most patients can return to work after 2 to 3 weeks but no strenuous activity or lifting is advised until at least 4 to 6 weeks after the surgery.
A supportive compression garment is usually worn for the first three weeks following surgery in order to reduce swelling and aid in the healing process.
Dr. Lee will typically see you one week following the surgery to ensure everything is healing well.
The next visits will be after 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months and 1 year.
Although most people will notice an improvement in their body contour immediately after surgery, swelling will often obscure the final result.
Most of this swelling settles within 3 weeks but any residual swelling may continue to resolve over the course of three months.
In order to maintain the results of your surgery, Dr. Lee always recommends that you maintain a stable weight with a healthy diet and exercise routine both before and after your surgery.